Buying a domain name is one of the first steps to starting up a website, so for all budding entrepreneurs out there, here’s a tutorial on how to get it done! Successful internet work from home business could involve buying and selling domain names. If you are new to buying and selling domain names online, you will need to know the best places to buy domains, where to sell your domains, How to Sell Domain on GoDaddy, how to transfer a domain to a buyer, how much should you sell your domains for, and if there are any trademark issues when it comes to buying and selling domain names.
Starting out requires nothing in the way of upfront money. It can be a terrific idea for you to buy and sell domain names if you want to earn big money online
What are domain names?
Web browsers are used to enter domain names as the address of a website. For instance, www.google.com can be considered a domain name. Like digital real estate, domains are properties. A domain name serves as your virtual property on the Internet.
Different methods of generating income with domains exist. In particular, if a domain has some commercial value, domain values rise with time. A domain name can be purchased for a low cost and subsequently sold for a high cost.
Steps for Selling a Domain on GoDaddy?
You may realize that selling a GoDaddy domain is not a difficult procedure. The advantages match how popular your domain is. Before placing the “For Sale” sign, you must work on it to raise its rankings and authority in order to profit from it. Now, adhere to these instructions to learn how to sell a name on GoDaddy:
Step #1-: Log in to your GoDaddy profile to learn how to sell domains.
Step #2: Verify that the My Products section is selected.
Step #3: Click the Manage button next to the domain you want to sell. There’ll be a Domains tab there.
Step #4: Select Buy & Sell.
Step #5: Pick a GoDaddy Auctions listing. Your window will change locations.
Step #6: Go to the Selling list in step 6 now.
Step #7: Select List a domain. A domain can be listed in a variety of methods, including Buy Now, Offer/Counter Offer with Buy Now, Buy Now, and 7-Day Public Auction.
Step #8: If you haven’t signed up for a GoDaddy Auctions Membership yet, this message will display asking you to do so. Purchase a good plan so you can move forward.
Step #9: Complete the screen’s List a Domain form. The domains you want to sell should be chosen.
Step #10: Fill in the domain name and listing type. Give all the information requested, including the PayPal e-mail, category, bid, etc.
Step #11: Confirm that you agree with the terms and conditions by checking the box.
Step #12: Set the price appropriately.
Step #13: Choose finish too.
The website GoDaddy Auction is effective for selling domains. Other websites, however, permit the selling of the same. Sedo, Cax, After Nic, Flippa, and Name silo are a few of them. However, because GoDaddy offers so many benefits, it is a good idea to understand how to sell domains on them. Once your domain has been listed, you may check the Selling List area to see the updates and the type of listing.
How to sell domain name on GoDaddy Membership Auction plans?
You must purchase an auction membership before learning the steps to sell domain on go daddy. There are two packages included, and they are hardly distinguishable from one another. Following are the memberships-
- Rs 372.39 every year for a year.
- Rs. 372.39 each year for a period of two years.
One benefit of signing up for GoDaddy Auctions is that you can sell your domain name at the greatest pricing.
Term and condition to sell domains at Godaddy:
Understanding the terms and conditions of GoDaddy is necessary before learning How to Sell Domain on GoDaddy.
1) Your domain will not appear on the auction page when you use an auction membership to put the domain up for sale. You must pay 1200 Rupees and charge if you want your domain to be on the home page.
2) The selling price of your domain You will receive 80% of the price while 20% of the price is retained.
3) GoDaddy charges a lot, but there is a good possibility that a domain will sell there.
Steps to sell on public auctions
- Visit the auction first. When you click on it, the list’s domain option will appear.
- Enter your domain name and select the listing type for the seven-day public auction.
- Prices for domain names begin at a minimum of about Rs 1500.
- Choose the general category. A domain description is another option.
- Then decide on your method of payment. Click the Finish button after selecting the I agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- You must then wait for some time. Go Daddy will mail you a confirmation in your name.
- Now, anyone can place a bid for your domain, and you can then take it.
Why is it beneficial to sell Domain on GoDaddy Auctions?
- To protect the purchasing and selling parties from fraud, GoDaddy offers an auction bidder verification process.
- You may browse both current and past auctions, as well as the bids, on the GoDaddy smartphone app. Both iOS and Android are compatible with it.
- Your listing will become more visible to bidders and receive priority by using the Premium Listing option.
- Comparing all domain sale pages, the GoDaddy Auctions membership charges the lowest registration fee.
- Multiple sales can be tracked, and any changes will trigger immediate notifications.
- The search tool is a sophisticated search tool for quickly and deeply exploring the details.
- Options are provided on this website for haggling with the seller.
- The abandoned domains are instantly placed up for sale. It is a trustworthy chance to sell a highly reputable domain for a profit.
- The duration of the auction does not continue to grow. The customer bids start the day the product is listed. The winning bid is determined after seven days.
- The auction tools aid in your sale or buying preparation.
- When you understand how to sell a domain on GoDaddy, you have a variety of options to pick from: Free and straightforward listing with cutting-edge features to increase exposure on the sale list.
Some advice on Selling Domains on GoDaddy?
These are some pointers that will assist you understand how to sell a domain on GoDaddy-
- As an example, once a prospect is able to obtain hosting through the domain name, you might offer to create them a website on it. A Word Press website can also be quickly created, or you can use a free template.
- By examining the volume of traffic and the monthly cost of that traffic in terms of Ad words or cost per click for business, you can obtain an indication of the value of a domain.
- Additionally, you can generate interest in the domain name you want to sell. On forums with a connection to the name, this might be done. It shouldn’t be a sales pitch; instead, you should be able to explain the price tag and make sure that you offer visitors something of value.
GoDaddy Alternatives to consider
1) Bluehost: A one-stop shop that enables you to select a domain name and host your own website, Bluehost is a popular choice. The best part is that when you select a web hosting package from Bluehost, you may select a domain name for free. Additionally, you will save 65% on web hosting. All domains bought from Bluehost include the option of auto-renewal and domain locking.
2) Namecheap: One of the greatest GoDaddy alternatives, Namecheap enables you to select the ideal domain name for your company. You can also look through the marketplace to purchase a name you like if you are unable to find a decent one on your own. It’s also feasible to sell a domain that you’ve long since parked. The best part is that domain name renewal fees are less expensive than those charged by GoDaddy.
3) Dream host: More than 400 TLDs (top-level domains) are available for selection at Dream Host. With Dream Host, you can choose a domain that accurately captures the essence of your company’s mission and is simple to remember. You can easily transfer your domains as well. Similar to Bluehost, Dream Host likewise provides a free domain name registration service along with web hosting. When you sign up for a hosting plan, you’ll also save 47%.
4) Domain.com: Another well-known domain name registrar that makes it simple to register a domain name is Domain.com. You can transfer your current domain name to domain.com or register a brand-new domain name. Additionally, you have the choice to purchase a premium domain for your company. Premium domain names are excellent domains that have already been registered but are still offered for sale at current market rates.
5) Network Solutions: With more than 25 years of experience, Network Solutions is a registrar of domain names and a supplier of web hosting. In addition to premium domain names and private domain registration, it also provides domain name search, domain transfer, domain forwarding, and other services. Additionally, you may quickly develop a unique website using the website builder and website templates. You can also receive a business-appropriate email address and an SSL certificate.
Go daddy has a domain name auction website where you can sell your domain name and get money back in return. This is the easiest way to get the best price possible for your domain name and make a big chunk of change. You may now have an idea of how selling a domain and buying a domain works on Go Daddy. I hope this has helped you.
Ques 1. When you sell a domain, how much does GoDaddy keep?
Ans: GoDaddy and After Nic don’t charge anything to list your domain names for sale. If you decide to sell your domain, there is a sales commission. After Nic will receive a fee of 20% on these sales.
Ques 2. What takes place when a domain name is sold on GoDaddy?
Ans: Your domain name can be listed for sale in a 7-Day Public Auction through GoDaddy Auctions®. The minimal starting offer that bidders can place for the domain name is determined by the asking price, which you establish. When the auction is over, the highest bidder wins. Potential purchasers place bids.
Also Read: Tata Motors – Why it is best for long term investment
Also Read: Did Carrom Keep People sane during-pandemic
Also Read: How James Caan Died?
Also Read: James Webb Telescope Images & Latest News