Everyone nowadays has important crucial documents to protect and bank accounts and email ids to secure. The issue of safety is crucial. If an intruder steals our password, you will have to pay a hefty charge. As a result, password security is a critical consideration for everyone in the digital world. Choosing an Effective Password is a must. Your password verifies that you are who you claim you are to the computer.
The password is the best we can do until we can do retina scans as in James Bond movies. However, because your password acts as a key to your account, you must protect it. Many people got confuse about changing password in windows. So, today’s we will discuss about the ways and methods to change password in window 10 and we will cover each and every password change steps.
How to change password in window 10?
There are many different methods to change password in windows 10. Let’s understand one by one. You can choose that suits you best.
Using sign-in Options in Windows 10 to change your login password:
You can update your Windows 10 system password using the Sign-in settings. Here’s how to accomplish it.
- Click on the ‘Windows’ icon plus the ‘I’ key one at a time. It will open the ‘Settings’ app first, then ‘Accounts.’
- At the left panel, select ‘Sign-in options.’ click the ‘Change’ button in the ‘Password’ area of the right panel.
- Enter your current password and then click the ‘Next’ button.
- Type in the new password and confirm it. Select a password hint before pressing ‘Next.’
Change the Windows 10 password from the Control Panel:
Here’s a step-by-step instruction to change your user password from control panel in windows 10-
- Open the ‘Control Panel,’ then select ‘Large icons’ under ‘View by.’ Select ‘User Accounts’ from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the ‘Manage another account’ page and choose the user account you wish to change the password for.
- Select the ‘Change the password’ option on the screen and type in the current password.
- Enter the new password you want to use, then click ‘Change password.’
Using Netplwiz command to change the user password in Windows 10:
One method is to use netplwiz to change your computer password in Windows 10-
- First, on your Windows 10 computer, simultaneously press the ‘Windows’ icon and the ‘R’ key to open the ‘Run’ box. In the box, type ‘Netplwiz’ and then hit ‘Enter.’
- The ‘User Accounts’ window will open. Once you’ve selected a user account to change the password for, tap the ‘Reset Password’ option.
- Type in a new password for your account and then click ‘OK.’
Also Read: How To Open a Null File?
Using Command Prompt to change the administrator password on Windows 10:
Here’s how to update the administrator’s login password on Windows 10-
- Open Windows 10’s ‘Command Prompt’ and type ‘net user’ followed by the ‘Enter’ key.
- The list now includes all of the user accounts on your computer, as well as the administrator account you wish to change the password for.
- To change the password, use ‘net user XYZ 123‘ at the command prompt. The user’s name is ‘XYZ,’ and the new password is ‘123. Replace these two with your login and password.
- Your administrator password for Windows 10 has now been successfully changed.Using Local Users and Groups to Change Windows 10 Password:
With the help of Local Users and Groups, you can update your Windows 10 login password-
- Right-click on the ‘This PC’ icon on your Windows 10 machine and select Properties. Select ‘Manage’ from the drop-down menu.
- Go to ‘Local Users and Groups’ under ‘Computer Management.’ Select ‘Users’ from the left panel, then right-click on the user you want to edit.
- After that, select ‘Set Password’ and confirm using the ‘Proceed’ button.
- Now choose your new password and type it twice in a row, then click ‘OK.’
We’ve discussed many options for changing your password in Windows 10. Steps to change password in window 10 have been briefly covered. You can select the one that you believe is most convenient for you. We hope this article provided you with the information you required.
Furthermore, Windows Password Recovery Tool is an all-in-one solution for resolving main Windows system difficulties with user accounts and password resets. You can take advantage of it without difficulty because it supports a wide range of file formats. So, you may not need to be worry about locked computers as you will be able to easily recover passwords.
Also Read: How to check Airtel data balance and validity?
Also Check: How to change password in window 10?